Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Trends: Some like it... STRIPED

Bold, daring, simple, and SEXY.

That's right, if there is a spring trend that you probably already have in your closet, stripes is it.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to bust out my striped linen pants and lightweight tees.  In the meantime, we can obsess over skirts and sundresses as we dream of warmer weather.

The item that is haunting my dreams and TAUNTING my wallet, a Marc by Marc Jacobs skirt for $398.  Retro-inspired and SO wearable for the office or a date.
Since I won't be purchasing the skirt anytime soon, some more affordable options for my lovely friends.  You won't believe the prices of these next pieces.  MUST HAVES?  I think so.

The spring staple is a sundress, but you didn't need me to tell you that. I'm not heading on spring break, but those lucky enough to have plans... PICK THESE UP!
Cooperative Linen Day Dress - Urban Outfitters $59
Maritime Dress - JCrew $78
Serpent Stripe Sequin Dress - French Connection $95
Ladies, please do not fear the skirt.  Your gams are lovely and this nautical striped number from TopShop will definitely put you in cruise mode.
Navy Stripe Belted Bodycon Skirt - $56
When dressing with stripes, mix with black, white, or solid brights.  You will look chic and trendy, aren't you fabulous.

Nothing screams spring like a thin blue "seersucker-esque" fabric.  Might as well kill two trends with one stone with a striped oxford.
Trouser Laceless Oxford - $69.95

***If you are mixing and matching stripes (very fashion-forward of you, I'm so proud) make sure to also mix and match different widths and colors.

Happy hunting fashionistas!

Love,
LoJo

1 comment: